Friday, February 08, 2008

Through the Snow to Long Beach, Washington (2/2/08)

What a fun trip last weekend! For years I have wanted to go to Long Beach, Washington. I had heard that it was beautiful and lots of people like to go there in the summers to camp on the beach. When I found out that the singles were going there for an outing, I thought it would be a great opportunity to have fun seeing the sights, maybe make a new friend, and take some photos! The trip was very successful for all three of my objectives! We drove through Oregon and across the bridge at Astoria into Washington to get to Long Beach. On the way to and from we had breakfast and dinner at the most popular restaurant in Clatskanie, Oregon. It is called Humps. You can tell from the pictures that it was a rainy day!
I liked the displays of vintage clothing, etc. from yester years.














Here is my first shot at Long Beach. I couldn't see the end of it from the shore. This picture was taken at the Interpretive Center.








The Interpretive Center had lots of information and pictures on the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Their trip ended at Long Beach. I had to take a few shots inside.....









This sign was funny.


































Here's a picture of Tom shirring the pot - just like he does on campouts. Tom was the organizer of this fun activity.






I love this picture of the lighthouse. I think I did great!

I wasn't in the mood to go to a museum but when I found out it was free, I decided to check it out. It wasn't a museum! It was a store! No wonder it was free entrance! It had lots of fun stuff to look at but none of us bought anything.















Here's more pictures of Long Beach. It is the longest beach in the world. I just love my pictures.







































































Here's a picture with me, Kansa, and Kirsty who were also in the car with us. Kirsty had a brand new SUV so it was terrific for the trip and made it easy to get through the snow.













The snow was beautiful. The pictures show the snow falling. What a great time I had with Tom, Kansa, and Kirsty! This was the first time I had met Kirsty and I hope I'll see her again. We had a really fun time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma great pictures. Especially teh snow driving ones and some of the beach ones. I think the one with the dock was my favorite. Great pictures

Jenna said...

Great pictures! The one with the dock was my favorite too.

Ellen said...

Great pictures, I live on the Long Beach Peninsula.. It is a pretty amazing trip across the mouth of the Columbia, isn't it?