
This quilt has quite the story - My grandmother who passed away 20 yrs ago made the blocks of quilt squares. My mother has had the quilt squares all this time and hasn't made the quilt. So, mom gave me the squares about 18 months ago. (I have to interject that one week after my mom gave me the quilt squares she called to see if I had the quilt made! Well, it took me a bit longer than that!) A few months ago my friend Sheila invited me to come do projects with her so I took the quilt squares to try to decide how to make a quilt out of them. Sheila gave me the pastel fabric that is between the quilt squares. Her mother had given her the fabric years prior before she passed away. Anyhow, I just started putting the quilt together without a plan or measuring it. When I got done with the top, I was shocked to realize that the quilt top fit perfectly on a twin size blanket. That blue blanket became the quilt backing. It is nice and warm since the blanket is a fleece blanket. My grandmother made these quilt squares out of fabric used for her dresses. This quilt looks better than the picture portrays but it's not a beautiful quilt. It does have sentimental qualities. I think this is all I have that came from my grandmother.
3 comments:
It looks great!
that's a great looking quilt mom
Good job on the quilt! That is a cool story too.
Post a Comment