Monday, August 05, 2013

A Wonderful Weekend in Vancouver

 I was so excited to have Nate, Misty, Adalei, Brielle, Elijah, and Isaiah come for the weekend.  They arrived past bedtime on Thursday.  It was hard to have them go to bed as soon as they arrived.  I was so happy they were here.  Adalei and Brielle were so cute!
 I got to play with the kids while Nate and Misty ran errands on Friday.  Then we met up with them to have lunch at Sweet Tomatoes.  Isaiah and Elijah kept Nate pretty busy so he didn't get much time to eat!
 We went shopping for church shoes and then I made okonomaki for dinner.  Randy and Susan came over and we visited.  Nate took the kids out for a run and to play at the park.  Here's Brielle resting on the horse afterward.
While Nate and Misty were shopping, Adalei had a good time drawing.  (This is a picture of me and Adalei.)
 All the kids were busy with their coloring books.
 We spent some time at the park.
 Elijah has such a cute smile!
 Adalie, Brielle, and Elijah played house together.  They are so happy and play together so well!
 Saturday morning Nate and Misty left early for a wedding and came back late.  
The kids and I made poodle pancakes for breakfast and then had a wonderful morning reading a huge pile of books.  It was so much fun.  We read until I couldn't read anymore!
 After reading, we went to another park.  Adalei and Brielle....
 Elijah....
 Brielle...
 Adalei having a good time....
 Adalei can really swing.  Elijah was trying to swing by himself but was needing to be pushed a lot.
 We had a little treat - strawberry Popsicles (all natural with whole fruit).
 Then we had hot dog sandwiches!  They were so fun and a big hit!  They each had two!  (The ears and eyes were made out of cheese.)
 Adalei made herself a necklace
 with her name spelled in it.
Brielle did also...
Then we went to the store and got some school supplies.  After that we had bubble baths followed by a snack and it was time for bed.  

Sunday went so fast with church and packing the car.  Nate was so good to have the kids clean up the house before they left.  It was so hard to have them leave.  I miss them so much.  They were so good and it was so fun to have them here.  I love reading to them and playing with them.

When the kids and I walked to the park, we passed a house for sale down the block.  Adalei said she was going to buy that green house that was for sale when she grew up so she could be near me.  Then Elijah said that he was moving to my street when he was 6 years old.  Adalei said later that she thought we should live in the same house so they could see me every day.  They were so sweet.  They brought tears to my eyes and touched my heart.  I really miss them and wish they still lived up the hill from me.  I'm so grateful they could come spend the weekend with me.  We had such a great time.  They painted and colored pictures for me.  It was such a joy to have them here.  I sure do love them and love being a grandmother!  I am so blessed to have 10 grandchildren and one more on the way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post. I like seeing the updates on Nate and Misty's kids.