On approximately February 10, 2014, Jeff started talking to me while I was waiting for the MAX. I had the impression to invite him to church so I did. We went to dinner on Valentine's Day and then he came to church that following Sunday. He wasn't interested in the missionary lessons or attending Sunday School but would come to Sacrament meeting and then leave and go to the Baptist Church. He said he had been Baptist all his life and couldn't imagine being any other religion.
He continued to come to church and one day I invited him to dinner along with the missionaries. They gave him the first lesson without him knowing what it was. At that point, he became very interested and wanted the rest of the lessons. I gave him a Book of Mormon and read Moroni 10: 3-5, telling him that if he read and prayed about it with a sincere heart, he would know that it was true. He told me that he would make time to do it.
He read the Book of Mormon and compared it to the Bible and prayed about it. In April, he felt like he had an answer to his prayers and knew that it was true. He wanted to be baptized. It was so exciting to work with him and answer his questions along the way. I was so impressed by how he would read scriptures daily and pray about them.
On May 3rd at 7 pm, Nate baptized Jeff and he became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I shared his conversion story from my perspective at the baptism. I had a migraine yet it was such a special day and the spirit so strong.
I was amazed at how calm Jeff was and how sure he was that he wanted to be baptized. I just can't describe what an awesome experience this was for me. When I met Jeff, I was praying for a missionary experience and I got it! My prayers were answered.
Sister Herpick and Sister Birch were the missionaries that taught Jeff the lessons. They both had me in tears at different times. What special times we had together.
My brother Randy was a witness at the baptism and also came for his confirmation.
After Jeff's confirmation, we were privileged to have Elder Call (Of the Seventy) and President Shafer (Stake President) in my home to meet with Jeff and talk to him about his conversion.
This is a picture of us with the missionaries at Sheridan's Frozen Custard. We've gone there twice now to celebrate Jeff's baptism.

No comments:
Post a Comment