Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fun, Fraud, and Freezing in Des Moines, Iowa (11/07)

I was so excited to have the opportunity to spend three days in Des Moines, Iowa, for training regarding fraud investigations. The training was at the parent company - MidAmerican Energy Company. This is the main lobby and reception area for the company headquarters.















The building for our parent company was the tallest building in Des Moines, 40+ stories high. I took a picture of it from our hotel at night and then another picture during the day that was much closer. It was so cold - windy and really cold. The chill factor brought the temperatures in the teens to below zero. I avoided being outside as much as possible. It was way too cold for me.

This toy poodle was at the airport and unbelievably cute. I got to hold her and she was so soft. She was so small she fit in your hand. I would love to have a puppy like that and seriously thought about getting one. I thought I'd keep her at Nate's but that idea was rejected so no puppy for me.

What a fun trip to Des Moines. The training was great and I enjoyed learning more about fraud investigations. However, I was happy to get back to the warmer temperatures in Portland!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you had a dog, where would you keep him? :)

Ashley said...

I loved your title to this post! It is so fun you get to travel so much for your job! And that dog was pretty cute!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.