Sunday, July 01, 2012

My Favorite Location in Philadelphia!

 Reading Terminal Market (an indoor farmer's market) in city center - this was my favorite stop!  The food was so good.  We especially loved the cheesesteak pretzel sandwiches!  Yum!!!
 I just wished I could taste one of everything.
 I could not believe the price of these strawberries - 99 cents.  They sold them fast.  More surprising was that they were from California!
 Meats above.
 More goodies......
 The pickles looked so good but I didn't get to try one.
 Nate was able to have lunch with us one day while he was on break from his training.  We were enjoying cheese-steak sandwiches!  Oh, so good!
 We loved the Bassett's ice cream.  They claim to be America's oldest ice cream company.  They have been in business since 1861.  Bassett was a Quaker school teacher and farmer. 
 Oh, my!  These sticky buns were divine!  Full of gooey caramel and loaded with raisins and nuts!  I could eat a pack by myself!  They were made by the Amish and delicious beyond description.
 More baked goodies from the Amish (above and below).

 Nate enjoyed a chocolate cream filled whoopie pie from our favorite Amish bakery.  
Below, Venus is getting ready to buy some pastries - I wasn't far behind.  I had to get some too!

This market was so fun!  We ate lunch there both days and just loved it!  If I go to Philadelphia again, this will be my first stop!

No comments: