Saturday, July 16, 2011

Visit from Mom and Dad!

My mom and dad - 20+ years of marriage and still happy... We mostly talked and ate but we did go a few places during the 9 days they were here.
My mom, dad, and nephew Kade had fun shopping at Bob's Red Mill. Then we crossed the street to get yummy bread from Dave's Killer Bread store.
We had fantastic doughnuts at Voo Doo Doughnuts. My dad LOVES doughnuts so we all went to try them out. The favorite in the group was the maple bar with a piece of bacon on top. My favorites were the Voo Doo doll and the Portland cream! Delicious!
The Voo Doo Doughnut truck...........
We had fun at Portland's Saturday's Market. I bought myself several necklaces with glass pendants! They are beautiful and I'm having fun wearing all of them!
This is a picture of us at church - Susan taught a great Relief Society lesson on families.
From the left, Kade (nephew), dad, mom, me, Susan (sister-in-law) in the back, Susan's mother in the front, and Randy (brother). I had one of my new necklaces on in this picture.
Susan and I took my mom shopping at the Christopher & Banks store for a new Sunday outfit. She ended up getting 3 tops and some jewelry. (I got myself some jewelry too!) She bought this top that she has on in the picture. (The "belt" around her head was just for a fun picture.)
My dad watched 7 western movies while he was here. He LOVES them and could have watched more. I didn't watch any of them. Here's a picture of my dad, mom, and John watching one of the movies.

It was a really fun visit - one of the best. I was sad to see them go!

No comments: