I was so excited when Nate/Misty invited me to meet them in Salem to watch the kids run the Awesome 3000. This year we got a hotel room and spent the night so we didn't have to get up early to make the drive for the early morning races. The kids had a lot of fun the night before in the hotel swimming pool. I think that was the highlight of their trip to Salem.
It was a chilly morning and Adalei showed me her program when I wanted to take a picture of her with her racing number on her shirt.
Elijah was full of smiles! He made us smile too!
Brielle was eager for her race.
There were 5,000 kids registered to run in the races that day.
Everyone stopped to grab a candy snack on the way to the race....
What a cute picture! Elijah, Adalei, and Brielle with all the characters at the race.
This is a picture of Adalei's age group at the starting line. I'm not sure how many were in her age group but there's a lot! Nate taught her well - Misty and I watched her slowly walk from the back of the bunch to the front just in time for the race to begin.
Adalei did great! Here she is coming in the chute! She ran 1.5 meters in 9 minutes and 34 seconds. She was near the front of her group. We were so proud of her!
Isaiah was so good. He didn't cry once the whole day!
Adalei after her race.
Adalei's medal for running the race.
Brielle did outstanding running her race also. There were so many kids and adults in the way it prevented me from taking pictures of Brielle. I regret that I wasn't able to get any good pictures of her.
Parents ran with the 3 year olds so you can see Nate and Brielle running with Elijah in the picture above.
Here Nate is again coming in to the finish line with the kids. Brielle ran two races back to back - her race followed by Elijah's race. Nate had to keep Brielle with him and didn't have time to bring her to us so she had to run both races. She was a really good sport about it.
The 3 year olds got books and medals for running their race so Brielle was thrilled to get a book too!
As I was leaving I took a picture of the beautiful purple wildflowers. I just loved them.
Here's the family leaving the park after the race. It was a wonderful day! It warmed up and we all had a great time. Misty and I enjoyed watching Nate with the kids. The kids were just great in their races and we were really pleased with their efforts and their success for the day! I look forward to next year already!
After the race we had pizza and frozen yogurt to celebrate! It was a fun time! Thanks Nate and Misty for including me in this wonderful event! It was awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment