I really wanted to go to TOFW this year but didn't want to go by myself. I was so excited when Ashley said she'd come up and go with me. She was only here 4 nights and 2 days. (Arrived late on Thursday night and left very early Sunday morning.)
We had a busy two days planned and had a great time. We started off Friday morning with a breakfast of biscuits and gravy at Arleta Library Cafe in Portland. Yum! It was good.
Next we went hiking up to Pittock Mansion and had a scenic view of Portland.
It was a beautiful hike.
We finished hiking before it started to rain.
After the hike, we went for a massage that was only $20 for an hour. It was quite the experience. They didn't speak English so that made it interesting. I don't know how to describe the actual massage either but it was the most unusual massage I ever had. We laughed and laughed after it was over. It was relaxing though.
Friday night we ate Scottish fish and chips from a food cart in downtown Portland before going to the evening TOFW event.
On Saturday we had water bagels for breakfast and then dim sum in downtown Portland for lunch.
We had a great time at TOFW.
After TOFW was over, we went for manicures/pedicures and then for dinner at Beaches. We finished the evening with a Red Box movie and Ashley left early the next morning.
It was so much fun! Charity, Jenna, and Misty weren't available to come. I'm grateful that Jason helped with the kids so Ashley could come. I had a fantastic time and want to do it again next year!
Ashley, thanks for coming and making fun memories with me! It was wonderful to spend the weekend together!

1 comment:
Good post Mom.
Post a Comment