Sunday, July 26, 2009

Camping & Cookies (June 5, 2009)

Jason, Nate, and Casey decided to go on a hike and camp overnight. I can't remember how far they hiked but I know they crossed Hwy.101 so it was more than 6 miles one way. Maybe they were at the Demartin area as they had me take a picture of this sign upon their return.
Little Weston was so cute - without any coaching he figured out that there was water in the tube. The hikers took 5 gallons of water and still had some left when they got back. So Weston had fun drinking from it before and after their hike. We were just amazed that he figured it out by himself.
Ashley made some delicious cookies and they looked so nice I just had to take a picture! They were as good as they look. The cookies disappeared fast. I'm not sure the campers even got to take any with them. Ashley did great!
Adalei was enjoying her cookie...........
While the men were hiking and camping, we decided that the ladies would have a special activity. Casey had Weston try out the bubbles foot bath. We liked it better than he did.
Look at those heavy back packs!
Saying good-bye to the men before they left for their special activity. There were bears in the area so I was a little bit concerned........
Well, I picked up our hiker/campers on Hwy. 101 and took them back to the car. I think they said they ran out of time to hike back to the car. It was kind of hard to find them as I wasn't clear on exactly where they would be. Jason seemed happy to see us arrive!
Oh, this is the other picture from the ladies night activity - we did manicures and pedicures while watching the DVD, Mama Mia! It's my favorite - I just love the music.
I had a great time and hope Charity, Jenna, Ashley and Misty did also.
This is a picture of before the men left - Weston had been drinking out of the water container so when Casey put it on his back to see how heavy it was, Weston was trying to get more water. I think Casey had the heaviest load to carry since he had the water!

We all had a great time hearing about the men's experiences hiking/camping and look forward to the men's activity each reunion. I'm sure we'll be laughing about some of the stories for years to come! (Jason has more details on his blog.)

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I want to have a girl's night!

I'm so glad you didn't think I was creepy! And I really do love your blog; I'm smiling more every day thanks to you.

I did see some of Jason's pictures. They are fantastic. I wish I could take pictures like that. It sounds like he's doing great.

Feel free to keep commenting on my blog!

Jenna said...

I love the one of Weston drinking the water. That was so funny!